We build schools on Lombok, Indonesia with blocks made from recycled plastic waste.
Why Build Eco-Block Schools?
Because it cleans up plastic pollution and provides children with a quality learning environment.
Indonesia is the world’s second-largest contributor to plastic pollution, generating roughly 24,500 tons of plastic waste per day. Each classroom we build removes 2-3 tons of plastic waste from the environment and provides a safe, earthquake-resistant learning environment where children can thrive.
About the Blocks:
- Lighter, more resistant, and more flexible than conventional bricks
- Made from 100% recycled plastic waste
- Affordable, non-toxic, and more durable than conventional bricks
- Types of plastic recycled include PE, PP, and PET
- Easy to assemble (Think adult Legos!)
- Lasts for 100+ years under European certification
- Carbon footprint is close to zero
About Eco-Block Schools:
- Easy to assemble (just like adult Legos)
- 2-5 hours to build 1 classroom
- Earthquake resistant
- Foundations are made from concrete
- Galvanized roof
- Wooden desks and chairs
- Glass windows
- Wooden doors
- Steel rods and U-Beams to reinforce the structure
It starts with strong partnerships
We form strong partnerships to implement this innovative technology. The blocks are produced by our partner Block-Solutions and the implementation of the program is done by our local NGO partner, Pelita Foundation.
We find the funds
We are raising funds to build the first 10 Eco-Block Schools on Lombok, Indonesia. Our long-term vision of this program is to build 200 Eco-Block Schools on Lombok. You can sponsor your own school or fundraise as an individual or a team.
The school is built
Our local NGO partners engage with local contractors in collaboration with communities to build Eco-Block Schools. Guided by a bottom-up approach, community leaders, government departments and the school committees are engaged in close participation and consultation from the early stages to develop and construct the facilities.
We report back to you
When the Eco-Block School you supported is complete, we receive photos and GPS coordinates. Our creative team produces an impact report to show you exactly what your money did and the community you impacted.
Sustainable Development Goals
Eco-Block Schools target 11 of the 17 UN Global Sustainable Development Goals.