We build schools on Lombok, Indonesia with blocks made from recycled plastic waste.
Why Build Block Schools?
Because it cleans up plastic pollution and provides children with a quality learning environment.
Indonesia is the world’s second-largest contributor to plastic pollution, generating roughly 24,500 tons of plastic waste per day. Each classroom we build removes 1-2 tons of plastic waste from the environment and provides a safe, earthquake-resistant learning environment where children can thrive.
About the Blocks:
- Lighter, more resistant, and more flexible than conventional bricks
- Made from 100% recycled plastic waste
- Affordable, non-toxic, and more durable than conventional bricks
- Types of plastic recycled include PE, PP, and PET
- Easy to assemble (Think adult Legos!)
- Lasts for 100+ years certified by Block Solutions
- Carbon footprint is close to zero
About Block Schools:
- Easy to assemble (just like adult Legos)
- 5-8 hours to build 1 classroom
- Earthquake resistant
- Foundations are made from concrete
- Galvanized roof
- Wooden desks and chairs
- Glass windows
- Wooden doors
- Steel rods and U-Beams to reinforce the structure
Sustainable Development Goals
Block Schools target 11 of the 17 UN Global Sustainable Development Goals.