We build homes on Lombok, Indonesia with Blocks made from recycled plastic waste.
Why Build Block Homes?
Because it cleans plastic pollution and provides a quality living environment for families.
The 2018 earthquake that devastated Lombok, Indonesia caused massive damage to homes and public infrastructure. Nearly three years later, many families are still living in temporary shelters. Indonesia is the second largest contributor to plastic pollution in the world, producing around 24,500 tons of plastic waste per day. Every house we build removes 1-2 tons of plastic waste from the environment and provides a safe and earthquake-resistant living environment for families who lost their homes due to the 2018 earthquake in Lombok.
About the Blocks:
- Lighter, more resistant, and more flexible than conventional bricks
- Made from 100% recycled plastic waste
- Affordable, non-toxic, and more durable than conventional bricks
- Types of plastic recycled include PE, PP, and PET
- Easy to assemble (Think adult Legos!)
- Lasts for 100+ years certified by Block Solutions
- Carbon footprint is close to zero
About Block Homes:
- Easy to assemble (just like adult Legos)
- 1-2 days to build the main structure
(Blocks and roof)
- 6-7 days to finish the whole structure
(windows, doors, plumbing, electricity, etc.)
- Earthquake resistant
- Foundations are made from concrete
- Galvanized roof
- Glass windows
- Wooden doors
- Steel rods and U-Beams to reinforce the structure
Sustainable Development Goals
Block Homes target 9 of the 17 UN Global Sustainable Development Goals.